Getting rid of cellulite
Women, since the dawn of time, have been expected to maintain a certain body image. Nowadays, that’s about maintaining a certain amount of weight. Even a pound extra would mean you are chubby or fat, and that’s bad. “The world is about to end,” bad. Often overweight children have been victims of bullying, both boys and girls. But, it’s the women who are usually victims throughout their lives, and are expected to be thin or what we now famously refer to as Size Zero.
With that said, we must also acknowledge the importance of staying healthy and controlling the buildup of cellulite in our body. This post will discuss how you can easily get rid of cellulite.
What is Cellulite?
Cellulite is the subcutaneous fat that stubbornly accumulates on legs and thighs.
Cellulite is a lumpy sagging skin caused due to various factors such as high estrogen, insulin, adrenaline, thyroid hormones, and prolactin. Decrease in estrogen leads to enlargement of fat cells, and reduction in blood circulation decreases collagen level. This causes the skin to become elastic. In addition, lifestyle choices and genetic factors do play a role for inheriting the cottage cheese skin.
Melting the cottage cheese — Get rid of Cellulite
The American Academy of Dermatology has come up with several techniques to get rid of cellulite, including the following:
- SUBCISION: needles are placed under the skin to break up the tissue band. Results last for 2 years
- CARBOXYTHERAPY: inserts carbon dioxide under your skin.
- ACOUSTIC WAVE THERAPY: sound waves are provided to the cellulite affected region. It requires a lot of sessions.
- LASER: small laser treatment on the cellulite affected skin. Results last for around 2 years.
There are many other procedures Liposuction, Ionithermie cellulite, etc., available as well.
Medications and creams
- CAFFEINE: applying caffeine dehydrates the cells, making them less visible.
- RETINOL: it requires a patch test. On application it may reduce the cellulite.
Caffeine, grape seed extracts and Gingko Bilbao have been applied orally and through injections. However, none of them have been proven effective.
Additionally, compression garments are also worn to compress arteries and increase blood and lymph flow which decreases cellulite. Just like the corsets worn on olden times. Doing Cardio and eating healthy well balanced diet will be more beneficial
A Healthier Way — Burning out the Cellulite Naturally
Pilates and yoga are the most commonly practiced forms of losing weight, which also happens to get rid of cellulite from legs and Thighs. Few of the routine workouts are as follows:
- SQUATS: while keeping your back straight, you keep your weight down on the heels and while moving your down and back.
- LUNGES: walking or stairway lunges are helpful
- STEPUPS: step upon a bench, and then step down using the same leg.
- LATERAL GOBLET LUNGE: while holding a dumbbell in upright position by one point distancing both hands at chest height and standing with feet together. While keeping the left leg straight the right leg has to be move towards right direction as far as possible. Simultaneously bend knees and lower hips downwards. Then repeat again.
There are many other exercises to try out such as the clock work lunge, dumbbell curtsy lunge, the leg work out, etc.
No pain no gain
After all the extensive, I came to the conclusion that you lose weight cellulite or otherwise for yourself to stay healthy and strong. The only reason you should be doing it is to look and feel good for oneself and not for others.
Make sure you follow our beauty blog!